Tragically, however, the addition of paper shredders to home offices has led to startling and grisly injuries inflicted on companion animals. In nearly all of the heartbreaking instances, curious dogs and cats stuck probing tongues into the openings, causing the slicing mechanism to activate. Tragically, it’s rare that these poor creatures survive the resulting injuries.
Thankfully, you have the power to prevent this from happening to your dog or cat.
Instead of leaving your shredder set on “automatic” - operating only when something is fed into it - simply switch the device to the “off” position. Or shut the door to the room where the device is located, denying your companion animal access to the room. Or, better yet, unplug the device while it’s not in use. Then, you’ll never have to worry about the position of the switch or the potential of horrible mutilations.
There you have it. Problem solved. Tragedy avoided.