1. Soils that are depleted of nutrients. Even if your pet is eating a healthy and excellent diet, chances are, the sources of the ingredients were raised or grown in soils that have insufficient mineral content. Commercial agriculture of the past 50 years has changed the conditions in which crops are raised. This has set a course for the current GMO crisis that is happening around the country.
2. Long Transit Times. Pet foods in general are created in large quantities. The food is then trucked and stored in warehouses or even shipping containers for an indefinite amount of time before making to the store shelf where it sits longer until it is purchased, brought home and fed to the pet.
3. Source of Ingredients. If you have done any research at all, you will find that the pet food industry is in BIG trouble. Part of this is caused by outsourcing ingredients from China and other countries that do not adhere to the same standards as the US. These products can be raised or grown using human waste as fertilizer and other shocking practices.The Melamine recall of 2007 was traced to a vegetable mix from China. Thousands of pets died as a result.
4. Overcooking of Foods. If your pets food is not prepared properly, it risks a massive loss of vitamins, minerals, nutrients and enzymes.
5. Giving Too Many Treats. You love your pet and want to spoil him so you give him treats even if he didn't eat all his food or maybe because he didn't eat his food. Consider this, many treats on the market are laden with artificial colors and flavors, unnatural and unhealthy ingredients. If your child did not finish her healthy dinner of chicken and broccoli, would you give her ice cream and donuts so she would eat "something"? Would you give her the treats multiple times during the day, spiking her calorie intake and creating other health issues like obesity, diabetes, etc? I hope not. All this treat giving needs to be balanced with healthy choices.
6. Normal Aging. As our pets age, the body changes and does not produce the enzymes it did at one time. This can result in some digestive issues that can cause stomach problems, stool issues like constipation, diarrhea, etc. We also see hip and joint issues that can limit mobility.
7. Stress. Many factors can stress pets, change of schedules, new places or people, poor nutrition, and much more can lead to a compromised immune system. Supplements can bridge the gap to help fulfill optimum health in your pets.
“The more we learn about the way bodies function, the more amazing they seem to us. There is a growing amount of anecdotal evidence that suggests a mammal’s body has a highly complex, natural intelligence. As a holistic veterinarian, I review such evidence, interpreting it within the context of established scientific knowledge. Based upon these observations, it seems that a dog’s body “prefers” nutrients as they exist in real foods, in their more natural state. On a cellular level, their bodies are familiar with the nutrient components and therefore the body knows to absorb and assimilate exactly what it needs. That is why I believe that small amounts of nutrients in real foods can have a profound affect on a dog’s body. In light of this information, I formulated a new approach to add to the overall nutrient intake, creating Life’s Abundance Wellness Food Supplement for Dogs.”
You want to ensure the well-being of your canine companion. But it may not be a simple matter to determine which nutrients are required for optimal health.
You see, no two dogs are the same, due to a variety of factors, including differences in breed, life stage, health needs, personality, living environment and level of activity. In part, it is due to your dog’s unique health requirements that adding a dietary supplement to their daily nutritional intake is more important than you might think.
While feeding a wholesome, nutritious food like Life’s Abundance can make an enormous impact on the health of your dog, supplements are a necessary component in fulfilling the individual dietary requirements of your pup.
Dr. Jane Bicks, has developed three unique formulas to target specific needs: Agility for healthy joints, Skin & Coat for healthy skin and a glossy coat, and Wellness Food Supplement for Dogs for overall health.
To find out more about these health-promoting supplements, click on any of the links below.